COMING BACK TO LIFE

 A year ago..  can you believe it..  a year ago, I would have never thought I would still be working where I am.  I HIT THE WALL.. I wrote about this in another blog entry but, I'm not sure it took.. So.. lto put it in a smaller context, I drove like a mad man last year at this time.. I drove a guy to cancer treatments pretty much five days a  week, and at first I kept it under control.. but by one month in, I started to lose my mind..  My ability to keep it under control, had the weather stayed relatively nice.. But it got hot of course, it is summer and it gets warm, and it got hot and I stopped caring about the lawn, couldn't water it.. the heat bothers me body wise, I have high blood pressure kept under control by taking prescriptions but they work extremely well in the summer, as they drop my pressure to scary depths..  So I stop or cut back on the prescriptions without the doctors knowing.. what he doesn't know won't hurt him..  Last year I had a case of insomnia about a year ago right now, and where that came from was my feeling that I had everything under control, which couldn't be further from the truth..  Went to North Platte and on the return as I wrote things fell apart MASSIVELY..   I have since heard of this happening to other people and basically what it is is sleep deprivation, coupled with the heat, and humidity and my mind that wouldn't let go..  turn off at night..  so when this happened and I heard of this happening to others and it is more sleep deprivation.. I have gone days without sleep before, but at my age, things aren't what they are supposed to be now.. sleep is very important for overall health .. every aspect of health..  Added to that the pandemic which was scary at all times, last summer... Now a year later I have a white noise generator, actually three, but the air conditioning situation will remain the same as it has always been.. there is no ir conditioning, never has been.. I use fans, and we always have. I tried an evaporative cooler, swamp cooler as they are known.. The biggest problem with these is the humidity has to be relatively lower, as well as lower dew point, for these to actually be of any use.. and when it is very wet, air wise, these work, but really make you feel really wet.. so after a few years of trying one of these I gave up..  it has gotten more humid in our area in the past few years, mostly because of the use of center pivots irrigation, has exploded in popularity to keep the corn watered..  SO what do I do now to stay cool, or cool off enough to tolerate the heat??  I try to drink more water, have two window fans and an oscillating fan to move the air.. it works but it is hot, and will get warmer over the next few days and it scares me.. hot weather has always not been my favorite time of the year, as far back as I can remember..  I like warmer weather, but not excessive heat, I can tolerate up to eighties but any higher and it gets out of control.. and keep the humidity and dew point in the low thirties on both..  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHERE DOES THE WATER GO..

U drive