To the edge

 I went walkabout yesterday.. It's what I call just walking my route to walk a little to stay in some form of shape..  And I checked the weather before I went, I do this when it is cloudy and there could be a question about going for a full walk or cutting it short..  Saturday I went short because it was questionable at best.. Sunday I saw where the weather would turn maybe during my walk but I kept an eye on it.. It didn't turn during my walk but a while after.. We knew it would turn, Reed Timmer has a facebook page and tells when and where he will be chasing and we were in an area Saturday, and not as much yesterday although that doesn't mean much, he can only choose an area and hope he is right, sometimes he misses, yesterday he missed, but not horribly bad.. I got home from my walk and decided to binge watch a show I had been watching (Gold Rush.. I started watching it in season one and love watching the Hoffmans with their struggles, it proves that at least that part of the show is in fact real.. gold mining is a lot of miss within the hit)..  As I am watching, between episodes I switch to the weather channel aps on my streaming device, and see the nasty shit developing down yonder, south of us, and it is moving our direction.. I however decide to watch another episode.. get it going and I like to listen to it with a good amount of volume, To hear the trucks rumble and shake the earth and shake the bedroom. so I am doing this and thought I could hear thunder, in that show, which sometimes it does have rain, but not in this episode, This was outside my window.. I try to ignore it, but suddenly there seemed to be a commotion of sorts, a loud something going one that I couldn't ignore.  My old phone was going off, it does this when weather is threatening, and it was doing this, as was the iphone and the siren a block away.. TORNADO WARNING...  Suddenly I'm getting myself ready for eminent doom, getting some shoes on, I have an emergency pair right next to the bed.. I get them on, get my light weight coat on, this coat is basically a rain fly, to keep me dry.. I do what you do when in Nebraska and a weather warning of this kind is issued.. I went right outside and started looking for a twist in the clouds..  None to be seen, but that doesn't mean anything.. The weather was perfect for a tornado, except the wind was blowing in more than one direction, which usually means???  well, I wasn't sure.. but then I decided to hop in the car and go looking.. Not the best idea.. I have no real idea what I am looking for and even if I find it I don't want to..see it.. not really.. So I go out north to the REA poles and look back and there it is, the wall/shelf cloud, in all it's glory, scary looking more for the green color right next to it, which is a full indicator of hail.. I know I better get back to town, I could see the rain pouring down just south of town.. I turn by the school and see several vehicles parked in front of the school, why they are parked there is beyond me, right out in the open, a perfect place to park for kail damage to be it's most prominent.. I get down the street heading for home when the first hail stone is detected in the street, and then suddenly hitting the car. there is nothing quite like the sound of a hail stone hitting the car, anywhere on the car, the windshield or the hood or the top..  I get over by a tree and park momentarily while I decide what my next move would be. watching the swirling wind moving the tree across the street, I decide the tree I'm under could come down so I move next to a building where I felt the wind was blowing hard enough to make the hailstones be blown over, and not hit the car.. as I sit there for a minute longer I decide to make the long half a block trip home, park the car in the driveway and then make my way back into the house, it was just barely raining by this time, the worst was presumably over, but I was wrong.. It was a lull.. it would get with it again and rain hard again for a little while, by this time I was back upstairs watching my show with the sound cranked.. I heard the rain, but the hail was pee sized, at best and thunder would rumble a little.. It made me remember when mom would just ride out the storms while on the couch and not get too overly excited EVER.. she must have had an inner piece about her that I can't seem to muster.. anyway.. the storm passed, and the all alerts radio would go off several more times as the storm made it's way on up the way.. We get alerts for the storm as it is still within fifty miles of our location, so it is interesting to listen to it if it is intensifying or not..  But .. now it's a new day..  and the sun is shining.. and that mans..  absolutely nothing..  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHERE DOES THE WATER GO..

COMING BACK TO LIFE

U drive