TELL ME ABOUT IT >>> HOW DOES IT WORK..

 The whole idea behind the cards for playing on the card player in the van was so I didn't get stuck having to listen to the radio.. mostly the problem with the radio is the over abundance of commercials and there are more than plenty.. as I found a couple weeks ago when someone wanted to see what the radio station he wanted to hear sounded like.. It was fine, I had just had my card playing and it had just had a few songs on the radio that were just played on the card.. so I felt good..  I initially wanted like two cards, and I wanted then to hold basically half my music collection each, BUT... T T T TT ,, that isn't how it works.. I could get a card that is 250 GB of space but they have to be a certain file format to play and storage and the whole nine yards as they say..  This wasn't working, so I changed and went with a smaller card, 32GB is the largest I could make work, so I compromised and made the cards sort of conceptual in what they are about.. initially I went with my favorite songs and that seemed easy to do, at first.. then it got too big and I changed and decided more than one would be the way to go..  First off the card was just songs and so.. I came up with the name VAN GO for the trips card, this would be the first card and would be loaded with just my favorite songs.. well that worked good.. and then I decided to go with another card, my Rhino Box Set (RBS) was borne, and initially it was my Rhino Rock Box which was my favorite songs from all my Rhino box sets, which meant seven or so.. That meant not much music would be incorporated into this card, of 32GB in size overall it would take something like 5GB maybe slightly more, but not much, and I really didn't like the idea of this card being played and it being like a radio station at all, most radio stations have a fifty to 75 song play set, which is just a lot of playing the same song almost exactly over and over.. I remember hearing a station and hearing the songs and could predict when the songs would play, and it's pretty much the same way now..  So I took all the music from all those box sets, and put all the songs on there, as well as any group that had songs on Rhino and putting the entire box sets or albums on there.. this changed the name from Rhino Rock Box to just simply BOX.. I also added a few other groups as well, groups that wanted to be on Rhino but weren't quite that cool..  FINE TUNING, was the next card name, and the name came from one of my favorite old school XM radio channels..  XM radio was a satellite radio company that merged with SIRIUS radio.. but Fine Tuning was a channel of ..   Different music.. I liked it for the fact it could play just about anything on it.. and influenced my taste in music for years to come.. in my case, for the FINE TUNING card it was to be more instrumental music, getting away from vocals.. at first anyway, later I added vocals but not a lot.. a lot of odd stuff, mostly from box sets by groups so there was versions of songs you might have not ever heard before..   ONKYO BEST..  OB or Ob with the B made to look like a beta type of thing.. anyway this came from a flash drive that I made to play directly into my sound system through the flash drive connection..  It was like a best of type of thing again.. and works well.. finally LIVE.. the card with LIVE on it is all my concerts.. all of them, and a very few studio releases.. I rarely play this card because live music can be fairly unpredictable, language wise..  I try to make sure all the music on all the cards is acceptable language wise, no cussing allowed really, and if there is a song I think could have questionable content I turn it down or click forward and go to the next song..  All together there are five cards in my carmex holder.. One is in my MP3 player at all times, that is the ONKYO beta ...  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHERE DOES THE WATER GO..

COMING BACK TO LIFE

U drive